Sunday, September 26, 2010

things are getting there

firstly: a quote ...

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
- Nelson Mandela

Secondly, i went grocery shopping tonight and i bought some life saver gummies things, and i was oh i'll just have a few while i was football/moving (ugggh emotional eating) and so i did. After a few, i felt sick to my stomach! So i stopped eating and threw them away. Sad, that i wasted my money on those, but so happy that i stopped myself before i ate the whole bag. I normally don't keep sweet, chips, chocolate, etc in my house anymore because i just don't have the strength or self-control to not eat those things. They are just too tempting.


Thoughts from you awesome people about self-control, temptations when it comes to eating?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I faced a lot of temptation today, but managed to resist. Some days I seem to have such strong resolve, like nothing could derail me, the other days I cave at the first little temptation, I wish I knew the secret of consistently resisting temptation!

Pippa * Jeanne said...

Wow, that's a victory, Brittany, that you didn't finish the packet!

My best strategy against temptation is something I recently learned, and that is telling myself: "My need for self-respect is greater than my need for chocolatey comfort." For me that is a POWERFUL motivation.

Good luck!